Perth’s Choice for GVM Upgrade Solutions
If you carry loads for a living or if you’re packing up the 4×4 for an extended trip, don’t risk your vehicle becoming dangerous or illegal by exceeding the allocated gross vehicle mass (GVM).
What is Gross Vehicle Mass?
The GVM is the maximum legal weight a vehicle can weigh when fully loaded. Common items such as tools, tool boxes, cargo, bull bars, winches, towbars, fuel, accessories, passengers, recovery gear and even the tow ball load applied by a boat or camper trailer all combine to add weight to your vehicle and decrease the available payload. Every vehicle on Australian roads has an official legally allocated GVM and Payload Capacity (how much weight a vehicle can carry in both passengers and cargo in the cab and tray bed). These limits cannot be exceeded.
Why Upgrade Your GVM?
Without upgrading your GVM you may be driving a vehicle that doesn’t meet safety regulations, putting you and other road users at risk. Overall vehicle stability is greatly impacted when the GVM is exceed. Other reasons to upgrade your GVM:
- To ensure specific improvements in the functioning of your vehicle such as its carrying capacity, handling and towing stability
- Insurance companies may not honour payouts if the vehicle is found to be loaded beyond approved GVM
- If you’re caught driving a vehicle loaded beyond its prescribed GVM, you could face serious fines.
- Protect your business from claims for breaches of OH&S rules and employee negligence
- If you regularly tow caravans, horse floats, camper and general trailers, or just need that extra load carrying capacity
- If you have a serious four-wheel drive fitted with bull bars, winches, recovery equipment, drawer systems and camping gear looking for compliance to the federal and state GVM laws
GVM Upgrade and Warranty
Upgrading your GVM will not affect your vehicle’s warranty. The team at AME Automotive will ensure the upgrade is certified by the Department of Infrastructure and Transport and fit a GVM upgrade compliance plate to your vehicle. The vehicle can then be registered with new increased GVM, ensuring it can be legally used in all states of Australia. For vehicles that have already been road registered, the vehicle is to be inspected by an authorised Automotive Engineer in that state and be issued with a compliance certificate.
Contact AME for Your GVM Upgrades in Perth
If you’re unsure about the GVM of your vehicle, if you think that you are running your vehicle over the legal weight limit, or if you know you need to upgrade your GVM, book your car into AME Automotive today for Perth’s trusted GVM upgrades. We offer a full assessment service and then advise the best available options for your vehicle. Contact us today.